Alright girls! (and guys ). I have a dinner for YOU!
We had a little flatbread party last night. I had to use up some ingredients before they went bad and created a dinner we will be going back to over and over again.
We made a Mexican-style flatbread and a bruschetta flatbread. I'm going to be honest, weird combo but on their own they were so good.
Perfect as a summer meal, too! I keep thinking how good this would be grilled. Delish!
Here's the recipe for the bruschetta flatbread: Bruschetta Flatbread
- 3 Bell Peppers (the more colors the prettier it is 😜)
- Taco Seasoning
- Refried Beans
- Jalepeno Sauce (I get mine at Trader Joes but I think a lot of grocery stores carry something similar)
- OPTIONAL: Chicken. Adding some rotisserie chicken on top would be delish.
- Caramelize bell peppers and onions in a frying pan. I add some oil into pan and have it get hot while I cut the bell peppers and onions. Once peppers and onions are added, add a packet of taco seasoning. You want them to get a little burnt on the bottom so put the stove on medium and try not to mix them too often! That's what gives it the charred look.
- While that cooks, we can start on the actual flat bread. Lay flatbread on parchment paper.
- Do a thin spread of refriend beans on top of flatbread (think pizza sauce but refried beans style).
- Add cooked onions and peppers on top.
- Throw in 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with jalapeno sauce.
This would also be sooo good grilled!