This slow cooker chicken tacos recipe is insanely easy...like two ingredients easy. You pop it in the slow cooker and basically forget about it for the rest of the day.
I learned this recipe from a family I babysat for during college and was fascinated that two chicken breasts and a can of salsa could make such good tacos. I've been making it ever since and am always experimenting with different kinds of salsa.
I eat this either like traditional tacos or I'll put this over some rice and do it burrito bowl style. It's delish .
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can of Salsa
- Optional: 1 Cup Corn
- Optional: 1 Chopped Onion
- Sides + Toppings: Tortilla, Rice, Beans, Sour Cream, Cheese, etc.
- In your slow cooker, place the chicken breasts down and put the entire can of salsa over top.
- Optional: Add in onions and corn.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred chicken. I like to throw it in my mixer for the easiest shred ever (and no forks scraping the bottom of the dish...yuck!).
No, seriously, that's it. SO EASY.