Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Author: By Sophia Lee
This is a newer recipe that I tried but it is SO GOOD. I also love that it is only 5 ingredients (minus the spices). Plus, it's low-carb. What more could you want? ;).
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt + pepper
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspon garlic powder
- ½ teaspon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspon cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Over medium heat, melt butter and add in cut up chicken. I cut my chicken into bite-size pieces. Cook for two minutes on each sides so that the chicken gets browned.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth to chicken mixture. Let cook on medium for 10 minutes. The recipe called for 12-15 minutes but mine were done cooking at 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Discard half of the chicken broth from the pan.
- In the same pan, whisk in tomato paste and all the seasonings. Once combined, whisk in sour cream.
- Add in the chicken and cheese. Cover for 4 minutes until cheese melts.
- Done! I ate mine with some brown rice but for less carbs you could use cauliflower rice.
Recipe taken from the Easy Keto Dinner Cookbook by Carolyn Ketchum.