If there's one thing we know we can help you with, it's how to make your spaces look good. The By Sophia Lee team obsesses over home decor with everything from your dorm room to your first home.
Here's some of Sophia's biggest decor tips:
Hang your curtains so that they're 2-3 inches below the top of the ceiling and sweep the bottom of the floor. This is one of her cardinal rules and will make your space look SO much better!! You can see this in work below in her apartment tour.
- Get a rug that fits!! It is really common for people to get rugs that are too small for their space. For the living room, make sure the rug extends past the front legs and goes at least 6" to the side of each couch leg. For a queen bed, a standard rug size is 8x10.
- Double stuff your comforter for the "hotel" bed look. Sophia personally uses two king-size comforters on her bed. She sandwiches the comforters together and then puts the duvet cover over it.
- Sophia also uses king size pillows on her queen size bed to help with the more expensive look.
APARTMENT / HOME DECOR:
I've gone through every single room in my apartment and linked all the decor that I use.
Here's some of my favorite stores for apartment decor:
- Furniture: I have the best luck at Target, World Market, Walmart, Overstock, and Amazon for the actual furniture pieces in my apartment.
- Rugs: Every single rug in my apartment comes from Rugs USA. Now let's be real, Rugs USA isn't the best quality rug you'll get but it's so dang cheap that it's perfect for an apartment or dorm. I am extremely happy with all the rugs I have bought from Rugs USA.
- Pillows: You have to check out Woven Nook for pillows!! Love, love, love their pillows. I also find great pillows at HomeGoods and Target. I have a bunch of pillow covers from Amazon too that are super cheap.
- Decor Pieces: I have a few staple stores that I can always count on for cute decor pieces. Here's my list of favorites...HomeGoods (duh), Target, At Home, Amazon, + World Market.