This site contains affiliate links, view the disclosure for more information.
Looking for the best decluttering ideas that will make your home always look clean? Here are 37 Decluttering tips that will change the way you clean!
Let's be honest, the majority of the time, your house really isn't filthy dirty, it's probably just cluttered! That is for sure my biggest issue. I always have clothes lying around, unopened packages, random mail, and groceries all over my apartment.
If you want to avoid this constant clutter, try implementing a few of these decluttering tips into your daily routine to keep your home looking clean. I know I can be better about decluttering too, so let's do it together!
This post is all about decluttering tips.
THE BEST DECLUTTERING TIPS:
DECLUTTERING TIPS : KITCHEN
- Put all groceries away in a pantry or cabinet so they are not sitting out on the counter
- Put all "non-kitchen" items away where they belong
- Wipe down your countertops (If you do this, you will have to clear off all of the stuff on them)
- If you have pantry bins or fridge organization, put things away in their correct spot (I know a lot of times, stuff just gets thrown in there)
- Put any serving bowls and trays away in the cabinets
- If you have more than one of something, try to consolidate them into one container (this happens often with food)
- Put things that belong on the countertop in cute containers (think fruit in a cute bowl, or Keurig cups in a pretty canister)
MY FAVORITE KITCHEN DECLUTTERING PRODUCTS:
DECLUTTERING TIPS : BATHROOM
8.Put all of your jewelry away in your room (I know it's lying around on the bathroom countertop)
9. Put all of your hot tools away where they belong (you probably left them out on the counter to cool off)
10. Put any clothes that you left on the bathroom floor away in the laundry room
11. Make sure the only towels in the bathroom are ones that you're using (not old ones just laying around)
12. Get rid of old, expired, or unused beauty products (I know you're holding onto them)
13. Get rid of shower products you don't need or use anymore
14. Simplify your bathroom decor, In such a small space you don't need a ton of decor
MY FAVORITE BATHROOM DECLUTTERING PRODUCTS:
DECLUTTERING TIPS : BEDROOM
15.Pick up your dirty clothes off the floor and put them in the laundry room
16. Put away that basket of clean clothes sitting in the corner (Yes, I know you have one)
17. Go through your decor and decide if it really looks good or if it is just taking up space
18. Take any water bottles and snacks back to the kitchen
19. Clear off your nightstands so the only thing on them is your decor and essentials.
20. Throw out any old clothes that don't fit, or you don't wear often
21. Store any keepsakes you have recently acquired in a safe place
22. If you have any decor waiting to be styled, style it and get rid of old decor you don't need anymore
23. Clean out drawers accumulating stuff you don't want or need anymore
24. When trying to organize, gather all similar items into9 groups and then go through them separately. Turning one large task into multiple small tasks, it's a lot less overwhelming.
MY FAVORITE BEDROOM DECLUTTERING PRODUCTS:
DECLUTTERING TIPS : LAUNDRY ROOM
25.If there are clothes in the washer or dryer, finish the load and get any dirty clothes into the washer.
26. Put any dirty clothes waiting to go into the washer into a basket or bin
27. Put detergent and cleaning supplies away into bins, baskets, or cabinets
28. The laundry room often becomes a dumping ground for random stuff, put all of that stuff away where it really belongs
29. If you have room for it, get a shelf to store all of the extra stuff (decor, cleaning supplies, party supplies, etc.)
30. Get rid of empty bottles, or consolidate them into one container
31. Clean the surface of your washer and dryer and wash your lint trap
MY FAVORITE LAUNDRY ROOM DECLUTTERING PRODUCTS:
DECLUTTERING TIPS : WHOLE HOUSE
32. Donate or throw away anything that you haven't touched or looked at in over a year that no longer brings you joy (channel your inner Marie Kondo)
33. Throw out old decor that you're holding onto and not using
34. Play "what doesn't belong". Walk into a room, see what doesn't belong in there, and put it away where it belongs.
35. Put away anything that's sitting on the floor or furniture
36. Go through all of the electrical cords (phone chargers, computer chargers, etc.) that you're holding onto and only keep the ones that still work
37. Routinely throw things away and go through drawers that tend to accumulate junk