We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
When you go to college there are many things you think of bringing… comforter, futon, tv, etc. But, there are some little things that you just don’t think twice about (at least I didn’t). For me, it was that I had no idea that it would rain so freaking much where I go to school!! We have been pretty blessed with our weather this year regarding the temps outside, but I do feel like there were a few weeks where it rained the majority of the week. Here is a list of a few things I would definitely recommend bringing to college!
1) Rain jacket– duh! I actually completely forgot about this and the night before I left for college. I quickly ran to Target just hoping they had something. I ended up getting THIS rain jacket and really love it.. super affordable and actually pretty cute. I also know a lot of people who have THIS one.
2) Rain boots. When I came to college I debated not bringing rain boots just because of how bulky they were and how much room they would take up. While they do take up some room, I wear them all the time (even if its not raining:/) and love them! I have this pair of Hunter boots and really do love them. The only bad thing I have to say about them is that my feet literally feel like they freeze off in them but they do have THESE inserts that would make it more better.
3) Umbrella. I completely forgot about bringing an umbrella! I ended up running to the closest Walgreens to get one (which ended up breaking on the first day-ugh!) but it made it such a more enjoyable experience walking across campus. These are some cute ones HERE and HERE.
4) Waterproof backpack. I didn’t know this before going into college, but make sure you either have a really good backpack that is waterproof or bring bags to put your backpack in. At my school we rent all of our books and if you get your books wet, you basically have to buy them which is soo annoying. I guess last year on the day the books were due, it was raining really bad and peoples books got so wet that they were just throwing them off the bluffs (my school is surrounded around bluffs). I have THIS backpack right now but would definitely get THIS (really love that one) or THIS one if I was picking them out all over again.
Side note that doesn’t really have anything to do with this- I was the total idiot who had NO idea that my school gave the students all the books for free. While that is so nice, I thought I was being very proactive and ordered all my books ahead of time. I had to return all of them which was a pain so make sure you check with your school ahead of time!
5) Scarves. I didn’t make too many scarves but having a few is nice because for one, they keep you warm but even more importantly, if you’re feeling a little risky you can go braless and just cover yourself up with a scarf;) ohhh yeah. I just found this store today called Bohme and they have the cutest scarves (and cutest clothes!).
(surprise!!! my roommate and I are engaged;)… haha jk were just hilar (some would say creepy) and bought ourselves “engagement” rings on Black Friday for a whopping $15 dollars originally $60…you just can’t pass a deal like that down ;)))) and no, our bf’s do not think this is funny in the least bit)