We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
(pic by my all time fav blogger and idol Rachel Parcell… seriously want to be her and have an obsession…. also she has the BEST hair and just did a post on her hair care secrets that you can find HERE)
I have finally found my perfect set of hair products that give me the exact texture and style I want for my hair. I love seeing how other people do their hair and what products they use so I thought you guys might be interested as well. I am actually quite proud of myself because I have figured out how to do my hair so that when I curl it in will last up to four days… yes FOUR. I know gross, and believe me, by the fourth day I am majorly pushing it but it saves me so much time! And honestly, the longer I can go without showering the more I like how my hair looks. Lets get on to how I do it..
1. SHOWER: I always try to shower at night. I know this makes some peoples hair unmanageable, but for me it does the opposite. If I shower during the day it adds at least an hour into my routine, plus more heat to blow dry which I don’t have time for/want to do. In the shower I rotate between Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Head and Shoulders Oil Control shampoo. I do get dandruff sometimes (TMI) so the Head and Shoulders really helps. For conditioner, I use the Moroccan Oil Conditioner and once a week I use the Moroccan Oil Restorative Hair Mask. The hair mask helps since I do put a lot of heat on my hair. I know the Moroccan Oil products are expensive but I really do believe they work and I love the smell. If you want cheaper, I have also used Argan Oil of Morocco that I get at Target that I really like (especially the brown bottle).
2. AFTER SHOWER: Right after I get out of the shower I dry my hair off and then put 12-In-One Amazing Leave-In Treatment. I LOVE this stuff. I got it in my Ipsy Bag months ago and still use it every time I shower. I can completely tell a difference between when I use this and when I don’t. It helps smooth my hair out and make it much straighter (I have nasty wavy hair). I then brush my hair out and go to bed.
3. IF I NEED TO GET UP EARLY IN THE MORNING: On Mondays, since I have to get up at 5am to get to Chicago for Nate Berkus, I do my hair at night so I can just roll out of bed and go. I’ll do the same thing I said above but then go on to blow dry my hair. I use this CHI Blowdryer that works so well and fast. I had a previous dryer that would take me forever to blow dry my hair but now my hair will be dry in less than ten minutes. I then will go through and do a quick straightening with my Chi Straightner (which is on sale, btw!) that I have had for years. My hair is really frizzy after I shower, so whether I blow-dry or air-dry I always give my hair a quick straightening. I then separate my hair in two sections and use my NUME curling wand. I find that this curls my hair too much if I don’t get to sleep on it, but if I do sleep on it I wake up with the perfect soft wave. This wave will stay for days for me with no touch ups needed. It’s amazing. I will finish my hair off with some of this Texture Spray.
4. IF I CURL IN THE MORNING: For a super loose wave I use my Hot Tools 1 1/4 curling iron. I really like how this curl works for the day, but I find if I sleep on it it completely falls out. I do like how this curl looks better than the wand though, so if I don’t need my curl to last I will use this one.
5. HOW TO GO WITHOUT SHOWERING: My absolute FAVORITE hair product I own and the one I can’t recommend enough is this Dry Shampoo by Living Proof. It is SOO good. It makes my hair look freshly showered every. single. day even if I have not showered for four days before!
If any of you try these products, let me know!! I would love to see how they work on another people!